At the Mediterranean Conference Center in Valletta, Malta on October 7, 2019 ASCE Distinguished Member Gary Chock delivers a keynote address at the inaugural conference for Accelerating Global science In Tsunami Hazard and Risk analysis (AGITHAR), an international network of experts striving to improve, standardize, and promote tsunami research. In his capacity as the national chair of the ASCE 7 Tsunami Loads and Effects Subcommittee, he will discuss the development and application of the ASCE 7 Tsunami Loads & Effects requirements to design buildings and other structures for tsunami resilience. AGITHAR is sponsored by the European Cooperation in Science and Technology, a funding organization for research networks.
- October 7, 2019 Mediterranean Conference Center in Valletta, Malta
- Chock named to the Board of Trustees of The Academy of Coastal, Ocean, Port & Navigation Engineers (ACOPNE)
- RESILIENCY & STORM PREPAREDNESS FOR HISTORIC HOMES
- Tsunami-Resilient Structural Design Training for the Structural Engineers Association of Alaska
- State Art Gallery Historic Renovation Award